Skip to main content

"You Wonda Y They Call You BITCH!!!"

Hey Ladies,
I know my blogs have been few and far between but I had to let time have its way and different situations inspire me to write something of substance and meaning.  I'm sure after this blog I will step on a few toes but one thing I'm not going to do is apologize for being REAL yall already know transparency is my middle name so here goes.  (Please cue the music before starting to read) 





I know some of you maybe thrown off by my title and thinking I have blown a gasket or lost my mind because my blogs are blogs to inspire and uplift but don't get it twisted its still going to do just that except this time I'm coming woman to woman and shooting straight from the hip"You Wonda Y They Call You Bitch," is inspired by all those young ladies/ women that feel its ok to call each other by this name but let a man call them one all Hell breaks lose.  Whatever happened to respecting yourself and not answering to something that carries so much weight of disrespect.  In the dictionary we know that Bitch means a female canine animal; a woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing; a lewd (lustful) woman now for those of you that use this word so loosely is this what you consider yourself or your friend.  I mean the word just seems to roll off of somes tongues so easily with no knowledge of how the other person may feel.  What happened to the days when we acknowledged each other simply by our names or a cute little pet name but instead now we use "BITCH" as if its some "term of endearment" meaning a word or phrase used to address and to describe a person which the speaker feels love or affection.  I for one am sick of hearing it now you tell me does that word sound or mean something loving.  In my opinion it shows complete disrespect and no form of uplifting or empowerment.  Just because we see the Housewives or the Basketball Wives use this word so loosely doesn't mean we have to follow suit because alot of what they do is not always uplifting, inspiring or empowering.  We are to pour Great things into one another not demoralize or defame someones character.  Words carry so much power and meaning.  I came up with an acronym for the word:

B- BRUTALIZING
I-  IDENTITY
T- THREAT
C- CORRUPTING
H- HOME   

Now imma break it down for you, (B)rutalize means to make cruel, harsh or unfeeling, (I)dentity means a set of behavioral or personal characteristics by which an individual is recognizable as a member of a group, (T)hreat means an expression of an intention to inflict pain or injury, evil or punishment, (C)orrupt means tainted; putrid; to change for good to bad in morals, manners or actions;  to degrade with unsound principles or moral values, (H)ome means a place where one lives, a place of residence.  So what I'm saying is "Stop brutalizing your identity by posing a threat and corrupting home which is your temple."  Everything you answer to is not always good.  Remember the saying 'its not what your called but what you answer too."  Answer to things that are empowering like you are fearfully and wonderfully made and that you are made in the image and likeness of God.  We know that death and life are in the power of the tongue so why destroy someone or allow yourself to be destroyed by answering to a word like that.  Just think about the fact that a man would form his lips to say that word its  World War III but whats the difference if you are using it and answering to it.  I charge you to take thought about your words and what you speak over yourselves and others especially that you call your friends.  If you don't care why would anyone else.  We Must Do Better!!!  As yall can see this really upsets me and does something to my spirit.  I feel like we must always carry ourselves with excellence and not like we don't care for one another.  I just can't allow a friend to call me that even if she is giving me a compliment.  You can always find another word to use but not something so derogatory so to my friends or associates if you happen to use this word while speaking to or addressing me I will make it known that I just don't like it and will not accept it.  We have to keep in mind that the younger generation is watching us and following in our footsteps so lets lead by example.  Lets be the change we want to see in the world cause I feel for the next generation.  We have to be lights of hope, love and respect so lets try something different and acknowledge each other in another way.  And know that each and everyone of us are Worth It!!!

Comments

  1. Thank you for your transparency. We as women needed to hear this. If the truth can't be told, what else is left?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really awesome! We've has this convo face to face so I know your passion about the subject. What you said is very true! And you're right...some women answer to that...so that is their known worth. I accept the challenge, but I also acknowledge if/when I use the word...it will hold its meaning. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Thank you. I am so glad you hit on that topic I hate being called that. I have had a few arguments with some so called friends...needless to say they are not my "friend" anymore. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is good lady....

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my younger days I used the word quite often. Thanking God for growth and maturity. It is a horrible word and like you said disrespectful. Keep putting this out there. Its up to us to teach our younger sisters and hopefully guide them so they don't make the same mistakes we made.

    Hey you need to address when it became cool to be a hoe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good piece. I agree with you we have started using this and many others words out of context just because we see it on tv or hear it in a song. We must start this practice of being better at HOME first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for addressing this issue. It does seem that we have allowed the word "bitch" to become acceptable; just like the word "nigga." We are okay with it and not even realizing what it is doing to our self-esteem as a people. The issue is that we have allowed (like you stated) all of this reality television to dictate the norm. We have become desensitized and don't even blink an eye when we hear it or see it. We slowly allow these types of subtleties to creep into our spirits and then for some, they become apart of our dialect. And, without correction or calling it out (like this blog does) we eventually recognize it as the norm or we justify the behavior. I am in agreement with you and the other ladies that left responses. We can and must do better. It is a MANDATE! And, we can all start by not supporting the foolishness on television that capitalizes on our acting a fool. While we are calling each other "bitches" they are taking that bitch word straight to the BANK! "We have to stop allowing others to profit off of our ignorance!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good read! I guess some many things can become trend that it sticks with us and once it's stuck, it's hard to rid... but it all comes with a mindset and challenge to change our words because what we say defines our character. Thanks for this insight, now it's going to stick out more when I hear it from girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I agree with you but we have been conditioned to think this term along with others such as night is cool and accepted if we embraced it if fact we have been brain washed... Power in words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful outlook on the topic. I honestly can say I was once a victim of the belief that it was okay for my associates to call me that and vice versa, thank god things have changed. I've grown wiser, since I know better I can do better. Time to teach our youth...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“When I Wake Up”

Good Afternoon LADIES, How are we? I hope each of you is doing Amazing as for me I had to take a moment and blog about something that has been on my mind for the last month or so. (Listen to music while reading) Here goes: I think Jill Scott said it best in the song, “ When I Wake Up ” in the opening she says “ too much on my mind ,” is exactly what I have had going on. So for the last month I have felt the pressure of life and wanting to leave AR so bad. I feel that it is so slow and no room for real progression. Really I ultimately miss living in California and I long to be back there. It’s been so unsettling that it almost makes me want to pull out the little spackle of hair that sits upon my head. I try to get busy doing things to find fulfillment or pleasure but even those things only give me the temporary excitement. I often have to ask myself the question really what is it that I’m wanting or feeling that I am missing in life. And the only thing I can think of is true happi

Life I Know

Hello Ladies, So I know I have been away for a while and I have come to the conclusion that I am a sporadic writer. When something hits me deep in my spirit or soul I have to take a moment to write it out cause writing is my therapy. This blog is just a bunch of thoughts that were going through my head one day as I was having an emotional day or should I say couple of days. Usually I can shake it off and pray and then feel fine but these things have been beating me to my core for some time now. Any who here goes!!! (Cue music, please!!! This song has so much meaning to what I have been feeling.) To walk around every day wondering aimlessly in a world that’s so cold but still able to be a light of hope and encouragement to others who endure so much pain and emotions. But I look in the mirror and ask myself what about your secret pain, the tears, the fears that you endure. No one knows cause often people are so consumed with their stuff that you walk in this life alone, not alone in

I See You!!!

Hello Beautiful Ladies, Its been quite a while I must say but there has been something that has really been pressing on me so I’m writing this blog out of my anguish, out of a place that is near and dear to me and that is the very essence of each Teenage Girl or Young Woman that lives in misery.   It’s sad to me to see young ladies so lost without a sense of identity of their own but would rather act it out by wanting to be like their favorite celebrity.   Not realizing that even their lives aren’t as happy as they seem.   The makeup, the weaves, the wigs, the tight skirts, cropped shirts just expose the outer view but what I want to discover is the real you.   The real you that loves hard, feels pain constantly because your life wasn’t or isn’t what you think it should be.   I want to pull you close and just hug you and let you know everything will be ok and that you don’t have to change to be seen.   It saddens me to know that there are young ladies out here taking their